This page provides a list of all the projects in the 2017-2021 capital program and their programmed budget for the current year and out years. The charts show the current year funding by service board and mode, and the distribution of funding, as a percentage, by asset category for all service boards. Column heading key:
- Project # - a unique identifier used by the service boards to identify a specific project or groups of projects.
- Mode - a classification used by the RTA to indicate whether a project is associated with rail or bus or is a system wide ("system") operation. "System" is used when the location of the work is not constrained to one mode or if the work is administrative and will impact all aspects of operations.
- Asset Category - a classification used by the RTA to determine which of nine asset categories a project is associated with.
- Title - provides a broad name for the scope of work to be performed by the project.
- TIP ID - a unique project identifier used by Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) in the development of their annual Transportation Improvement Plan.
- Current Year Funding - denotes the programmed amount of funds available for the project in the first year of the capital program.
- Future Year Funding - sums the programmed funds available for the subsequent four years of the capital program for the project.
Click on a column header to sort the table by that column.
|Project #||Service Board||Mode||Asset Category||Title||TIP ID||Current Year Funding (2017)||Future Years Funding (2018-2021)|
|5109||Pace||Bus||Electrical, Signal, & Communications||Purchase/Install Intelligent Bus System (IBS) and Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) -- Systemwide||$1,660,000||$3,500,000|
|5223||Pace||Bus||Miscellaneous||Provide for Unanticipated Capital -- Systemwide||$250,000||$1,000,000|
|5200||Pace||Bus||Rolling Stock||Purchase Small Fixed Route Buses||$2,043,000||$0|
|5201||Pace||Bus||Rolling Stock||Purchase Fixed Route Buses||$33,960,944||$73,799,800|
|5202||Pace||Bus||Rolling Stock||Purchase Paratransit Vehicles||$6,718,928||$26,194,898|
|5203||Pace||Bus||Rolling Stock||Purchase Community/Call-n-Ride vehicles||$1,564,745||$6,450,000|
|5204||Pace||Bus||Rolling Stock||Purchase Vanpool Vans||$0||$18,120,000|
|5205||Pace||Bus||Rolling Stock||Replace/Retrofit Engines/Transmissions||$900,000||$6,999,902|
|T-0001||Pace||Bus||Rolling Stock||Purchase 40" Fixed Route Buses||$27,000,000||$0|
|5118||Pace||Bus||Stations & Passenger Facilities||Plainfield Park-n-Ride Lot||17-08-0039||$4,800,000||$0|
|4828||Pace||Bus||Stations & Passenger Facilities||Provide Consultant for Bus Stop Conversion -- Systemwide||$0||$2,700,000|
|5219||Pace||Bus||Stations & Passenger Facilities||Passenger Facilities Mid Life Renovation||$0||$8,600,000|
|5220||Pace||Bus||Stations & Passenger Facilities||Install Shelters/ Signs/ Passenger Amenities -- Systemwide||$500,000||$4,250,000|
|5221||Pace||Bus||Stations & Passenger Facilities||Purchase/install/construct bus stop shelters, concrete pads, cross walks, pedestrian signals, etc.,||$1,240,000||$0|
|5211||Pace||Bus||Support Facilities & Equipment||Improve Garages & Facilities -- Systemwide||$2,045,000||$28,851,781|
|5212||Pace||Bus||Support Facilities & Equipment||Purchase Computer Hardware and Software Systems -- Systemwide||$3,400,000||$4,100,000|
|5213||Pace||Bus||Support Facilities & Equipment||Purchase Maintenance/ Support Equipment and Vehicles -- Systemwide||$669,740||$3,500,000|
|5214||Pace||Bus||Support Facilities & Equipment||Purchase Replacement Farebox System -- Systemwide||$0||$3,500,000|
|5215||Pace||Bus||Support Facilities & Equipment||Construct Bus Garage -- Northwest Cook County||$0||$9,000,000|
|5216||Pace||Bus||Support Facilities & Equipment||Purchase Office Equipment -- Systemwide||$0||$2,000,000|
|5217||Pace||Bus||Support Facilities & Equipment||Purchase software, hardware and services for the Oracle Technology Refresh Project||$5,000,000||$0|
|T-0002||Pace||Bus||Support Facilities & Equipment||Purchase Satellite Garage (I-55)||$23,000,000||$0|
|T-0003||Pace||Bus||Support Facilities & Equipment||Purchase Satellite Garage (I-90)||$28,100,000||$0|
|Source: RTA Capital Program Database|